The Citizens for Halifax Society is a non partisan society with the following goals:
– To build a city with a vision of its place in the world, where people from all ages, backgrounds and socioeconomic status feel heard and represented.
– To attract and support the election of the most suitable candidates for civic office.
– To create engagement among all citizens for the future of our city through commitment to civic responsibility of all citizens resulting in actions that reflect the true needs of the diverse needs of our citizens.
– To understand and address the needs of disadvantaged groups.
– To build an economically vibrant community that maintains the integrity of Halifax’s heritage and embraces a future of growth which supports the vision of the Society.